Thank you to everyone who came along to the gig on on wednesday – it was a fantastic night, especially for these reasons…
* It was an amazing atmosphere – everyone was having fun and dancing, but no one was being over-pushy and taking up all of the room with over-aggressive dancing.
* Anti-Clockwise absolutely rocked. Without doubt. They won over everyone in the pub.
* While Anti-Clockwise were playing and everyone was dancing I noticed that the gig really was GIRLS TO THE FRONT, this just happened naturally and it was really great to see the front being full of women dancing (instead of macho guys pushing, or people just holding up their phones and filming).
* We didn’t have mic stands, but it didn’t matter because our friends are so fantastic that they held the mic up for us to sing in to and botched a mic stand using a cymbal stand and a wolly scarf = proper punk rock!
* When Lisa took around a collection to give to the touring band everyone was very generous and at a guess I think there was around £50 donated. (Big thanks to Lisa for stepping in and doing this and big thanks to everyone who put something in the pot).
* Massive thanks to the Kev and Theresa at the Anchor for being absolutely brilliant, and thanks to Simon from the Sov for bringing down the PA for us to use.
Wednesday night was a great and it made us feel so special to be part of our lovely, weird, crazy special family. Lot of love to you all.
(because everyone was too busy dancing to do filming or take photos there isn’t any pics of the gig to post up, but here’s one that Adeline took of us just before we played, posing in our octopus hats, and one of Rabies Babies with Paola, the bassist of Anti-Clockwise)
poster for our gig on 30th january
Wednesday 30th January at the Anchor
Our friends Anti Clockwise are driving all the way from Montpellier in South France to play with us at our local pub The Anchor & Hope, High Hill Ferry, London E5 9HG.
We are so happy to be playing with our old mates Bug Central, and even more happy that it’s at the Beehive: free in, good sound, cheap beer and friendly locals = everything a venue should be.
Rabies Babies are playing tonight in Whitechapel with a load of bands! Its only 5 quid in!
STORM THE GATES 8:00-8:30
RABIES BABIES 10:00 -10:30
THE BABES 10:40-11:10
PROJECT REJECT 11:20
stickers + kids printing kit = DIY flyers for the gig on sunday!
We’re playing at the Windmill this Sunday (30th Sept) in celebration of (our ex-drummer Mike’s band) Werecats’ new album release.
It’s a fiver in, there’s 8 bands playing and your ticket includes a burger! Bargain!
Rabies Babies are first on, so get there early!
5.00 Rabies Babies
5.35 Ebola las
6.45 Dealing With Damage
7.20 The Dub Righters
9.05 Rotten Foxes
See you there!